What we collect?
To access certain areas of our website, you will need to register with us. During the registration process you will be asked to submit personal information about yourself (including your name, e-mail address and telephone number). By entering your details in the fields requested, you enable us to provide you with the services you select. When you purchase products online, we collect information such as your purchase details and relevant payment information. In addition, we will also collect personal information from you when you correspond with us (for example, if you contact us with a query about one of our products).
If you choose to interact with us via a social media platform or other third party service, we will collect the information you have provided to us through that platform. We also collect certain information automatically about visitors to our website, described in the paragraph headed "Cookies”, below; and
We will collect information about your location to the extent that we provide any delivery services.
We will use the information we collect from you to:
- Manage and fulfill purchase orders, facilitate delivery, and to provide after service care;
- Manage our accounts and records;
- Assist with your inquiries and requests;
- Send service related communications, including announcements and administrative messages such as order confirmation;
- Identify products and services we think you might be interested in based on your information, such as your purchase history and your previous interactions with us;
- Send you marketing communications (including e-mails and social media audience matching) relating to us and other third party partners and that we think may be of interest to you where we have a legitimate basis to do so;
- Conduct market research so that we can continuously improve the services we provide to our customers; and Understand how our website is used so that we can continuously improve our website and services and other offerings.
When someone visits our website, we use a third-party service, Google Analytics, to collect standard internet log information and details of visitor behavior patterns. We do this to find out things such as the number of visitors to various parts of the site. This information is only processed in a way which does not identify anyone. We do not make, and do not allow Google to make, any attempt to find out the identities of those visiting our website.
What is a cookie?
Cookies are text files, containing small amounts of information, which are downloaded to your computer or mobile device when you visit a website or mobile application. They are used to recognize your computer as you move between pages on a website, or when you return to a website or mobile application you have visited previously. Cookies are widely used in order to make platforms work, or to work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the platform.
We might use third parties such as network advertisers and ad exchanges to serve you ads on third party platforms after you leave our website, and we might use third party analytics and other service providers to evaluate and provide us and/or third parties with information about the use of the website and viewing of ads and of our content. Network advertisers are third parties that display advertisements, which are based on your visits to the website and other apps and sites you have visited. Third party ad serving enables us to target advertisements to you for products and services that you might be interested in
Currently, we use a third-party provider, MailChimp, for marketing purposes, to keep our customers, partners and suppliers abreast of what we’ve been up to, and also to approach other individuals or businesses that may have an interest in our products.
Mailchimp helps us to gather statistics around email opens and clicks using industry standard technologies to help us monitor and improve our e-communications. For more information, please see MailChimp’s privacy notice.
You can unsubscribe to general mailings at any time of the day or night by clicking the unsubscribe link or by emailing our Data Protection Officer (please see e-email below).
MailChimp will automatically ‘clean’ any data file that is inaccurate, however we are always careful to check the analytics of each email campaign we send out through MailChimp for any bounce-backs caused by inaccurate or out-of-date information and will delete or update it accordingly. Additionally, we assess our database on a bi-annual basis for any out-of-date information, or personal data that is no longer required (customer or partners we no longer work with for example) and ensure it is deleted from our systems.
Sharing your information
We do not share personal information about you with other people or non-affiliated companies except under the following circumstances:
- we will disclose your personal information to third party providers for the purposes of providing online and other payment services, handling credit checks and fraud prevention;
- we will disclose your personal information to any law enforcement agency, court, regulator, government authority or other third party where we believe this is necessary to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation, or otherwise to protect our rights or the rights of any third party; and
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at info@age-of-Innocence.com
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
You are entitled to view, amend, or delete the personal information that we hold about you. Simply email your request to our Data Protection Officer at info@age-of-Innocence.com.
This policy was reviewed on May 2018 and will be reviewed regularly as part of our ongoing data protection processes.